Most days Claude supposes it could be worse. He could have a weird fetish. He could be gay. He could be completely obsessed with sex. But some of the time, not being interested in sex seems like the biggest problem of all.
I was super lucky to get Pikasafire's awesome story and had such fun doing this piece of graphics. The story is insightful and in character, heartbreaking and empowering at the same time, and features plentiful of Danny — go read already!
He’s fine, he’s perfectly fine (He’s not fine at all).
Your soulmate is not someone that comes into your life peacefully. It is who comes to make you question things, who changes your reality, somebody that marks a before and after in your life. It is not the human being everyone has idealized, but an ordinary person, who manages to revolutionize your world in a second.
For all mixers, artists and podficcers that signed up, this is your chance to view the summaries submitted for wave 1 of hockey big bang. Make sure you have read the rules and guidelines post.
How much you do for wave 1 is up to you. The stories are shorter (some of them, at least!) so I would recommend mixes be 5-6 songs, and however that translates for art and podfic. Just remember not to get too in over your head, there will be overlap between wave 1 and 2 and if you intend to claim for wave 2 as well, you may find you have too much to do.
Claims will open in 24 hours. For now just view the summaries the fantastic authors have submitted!
CLAIMS ARE NOW OPEN! FOR NOW, SUMMARIES WILL BE CLAIMED ONCE ONLY.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH YOUR TOP 3 PICKS AND IF YOU WILL BE DOING A MIX, ART OR PODFIC (THIS DOES NOT NEED TO BE YOUR FINAL DECISION)
biggestbeautyoftheleague —-> theyearsbehind
thank you, I’m happy you enjoy. ♥
anon, i fucking love this message, totally, utterly, completely, god
Thank you, thank you and thank you! Although I’ve been thinking about changing username (again). But maybe I’ll keep this one for a bit longer, we’ll see.
LAYER ONE: THE OUTSIDE
- Name: frida
- Eye Color: yellow & blue
- Hair Style/Color: dark reddish brown, usually ponytailed for convenience
- Height: 6´2
- Clothing style: tight jeans, loose shirts, converses
- Best physical feature: cheeks, hair
LAYER TWO: THE INSIDE
- Your fears: losing family
- Your guilty pleasure: all sweet things
- Ambitions for the future: med school, more traveling, buying own house with huge yard for the kids
LAYER THREE: THOUGHTS
- Your first thoughts waking up: i love this pillow and bed
- What you think about most: right now? how happy (and tired) i am
- What you think about before bed: the next day and things that need to be done (yes, i know, i’m a disgustingly responsible adult-like person)
- You think your best quality is: loyalty, sense of humor, will to get through anything (what, i have many best qualities!)
LAYER FOUR: WHAT’S BETTER?
- Single or group dates: single
- To be loved or respected: both, definitely
- Beauty or brains: brains, brains, brains
- Dogs or cats: kids
LAYER FIVE: DO YOU.
- Lie: if needed, yes
- Believe in yourself: yes
- Believe in love: oh yes
- Want someone: i have the people i want and need
LAYER SIX: EVER?
- Been on stage: yes
- Done drugs: yes
- Changed who you were to fit in: used to, until i stopped
LAYER SEVEN: FAVORITES
- Favorite color: yellow.
- Favorite animal: elephant
- Favorite movie: leon, amelie, shawshank redemption, north by northwest
- Favorite game: silent hills (especially 2!)
LAYER EIGHT: AGE
- Day your next birthday will be: sunday, eww
- How old will you be: the big three-o
- Does age matter: depends. sometimes it shouldn’t and it does, sometimes it doesn’t and it really, really should
I’ve been absent lately (again), and I apologize for that. The season is over and sadly it wasn’t ours this time - but heyyyy, we’re getting a Winter Classic against the Caps! That’s four episodes of awesome and a highly anticipated New Year’s Day!
I will be continuing my break, mainly because of a small, warm, baby blue bundle full of sleepless nights and fifteen-minute naps, and his big sister demanding extra attention.
I am not, however, going to stop doing graphics/edits for good. I am not going to stop loving hockey. I am not going to love the Hawks any less. Just, priorities, guys.
Thanks to all new followers (because of my old edits?) and to each of you older, loyal people; sorry to disappoint you with the lack of activity in this blog. I’ll be back though, and that’s a promise.
Have a great summer, ya’ll!